Why is reading aloud to children important?
- Improve reading, writing, and communication skills
- Boost memory skills and enhance focus
- Improve logical thinking
- Develop imagination
- Enhance their social, emotional, and ethical development
- Provide an opportunity for kids to learn about the world and other cultures
- Strengthen your bond with your child
- Foster a lifelong love of reading
Storyline Online streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.
Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators worldwide. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for English-language learners. Storyline Online is a program of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation. The Foundation is a nonprofit organization that relies entirely on gifts, grants and donations to fund Storyline Online and produce all of its videos.
- KidsSpace @ The Internet Public Library
- Find many resources for homework and fun.
- The Homework Spot
- HomeworkSpot.com is a free homework information Web site that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites for the best resources for English, math, science, history, art, music, technology, foreign language, college prep, health, life skills, extracurricular activities and much more.
- Pencils and Plums
Pencils & Plums is an easy-to-use website with thousands of creative drawing ideas for kids of all ages. We feature drawing prompts and pictures to finish.
You will find more than enough drawing inspiration to keep you and your kids busy for hours.