Links to useful information on the Internet
- AACTE Education Policy Clearinghouse
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) is the leading voice on educator preparation. AACTE represents more than 800 postsecondary institutions with educator preparation programs dedicated to high-quality, evidence-based preparation that assures educators are ready to teach all learners.
- Education World
- Education World is a complete online resource that teachers, administrators and school staff can visit each day to find high-quality and in-depth original content. We update the site daily, offering:
- Carefully curated news briefs on topics that matter to educators; Lesson plans, printables, worksheets and thousands of other classroom-ready resources; EdTech tips and ideas as well as reviews of apps, websites and tech products; and A huge library of professional development articles and columns.
- The Educator's Reference Desk
- Changing lives through the support of our educators, this site is offered by the National Coucil for Open Education. It includes lesson plans, counseling, evaluation, educational technology and more.
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center
- This free database from the United States Department of Education indexes a variety of education-related articles. Some resources are available for free online while others must be obtained elsewhere. The site includes the ERIC Thesaurus.
- The House Committee on Education and Labor
- The committee that monitors legislation on education, child labor, school food programs, workers' compensation, vocational rehabilitation, labor wages and hours, and work incentive programs.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- "NCES is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that are related to education in the United States and other nations." Look here for statistical information on all levels of education. The site includes an encyclopedia of education statistics, an FAQ, activities for children, and a catalog the best search engine based on the information you have, and other resources for teachers.
- U.S. Department of Education
- Compiles a variety of information relating to government initiatives and educational programs at all levels, education-related grants (look under OERI) and statistics (NCES), and departmental publications. News bulletins about department activities are added frequently. Statistics retrieval is unreliable, but otherwise the information provided seems current. It also provides access to individual state education departments. Searchable index and searchable department phone directory available.